segunda-feira, 16 de agosto de 2010

No more self-harm

While drinking, you speak to me
of failed relationships
and how brave you stand.

And while getting boozed, I see
that you need some sleep;
I try not to offend.

But you say about self-harm,
making cuts in your arm,
nailing yourself to feel
pain and smell the dew

I really don't support it;
maybe you should quit,
after all your altruism
you just wanna feel a spasm

Boy, I won't judge you,
but that's the easy way out;
maybe you'll regret it,

'Cause life has it's own curfew
and you can spend it without
this pain. Just forget it.

You waste now some precious time
and then tomorrow you're gone...
and of all things, what have you done
besides some bruises and mistime?

What about starting to care
more on what you can do apart?
To hurt your flesh isn't fair
with the effort of your art.

You've told me that depression
inspires you to paint
and gives you a true feeling.

But I disagree, without misconception,
happiness in life can't
be silliness, is too inspiring.

So please, give yourself a try;
you're even allowed to cry.
As a human being, you have emotions,
don't control them, just your motions.

As a son of something bigger,
you can be a lot better.
Have some peace in your heart,
make someone happy with your art.

2 comentários:

  1. I said, I dislike write poems or texts in English, because I agree with Renato Russo: Create in English so complicate, because English is not my language.

    But I understand you. I like your poem, is melancholy, but I believe, your poem tells the real feelings the artist.

    Do not understand, Why all the artist believe more in dark style life and deprevisse than normal life.

    Sometimes normal is more difficult than depressive.

    Sorry, but my English is not very good.

    ResponderExcluir
  2. No worries!
    I write in english, and if I knew other language, like Italian, French or Spanish, I would write with them too.

    That's not me in the poem, but somebody else. I hope he's alright.

    I think that depression needs somekind of escape, some try to paint, some try to write, some drung themselves, some harm themselves... I still write about positive things, and lately they became my favorite poems. :)

    ResponderExcluir