segunda-feira, 24 de maio de 2010

Painting you

I - Remembrance

I have a portrait
in my living room.
I held it with faith,
and now flowers bloom.
So soon came the spring.

I wished it was a kind
of a Dorian Gray,
but it always comes in mind,
your face didn't fade away
since the time I saw you sing.

I have been told
to sell this painting,
but it never gets old.
Stills fresh and saying
words that make us cling.

Sitting beside the pond
to feed the birds,
my mind flies beyond,
while I throw pieces of bread
out of this bag I bring.


II - Heathen

In ancient times
of darkened skyes,
I've written rhymes
without lies,
about fortune
and about bad luck.
Singing a tune
while feeding a duck.

One of those
was about your hair,
Red as fire
which consumes the air,
while your attire
was left on the floor
and you posed
for me, naked at the door.

I had to paint
you in a canvas blank,
lifeless and pure.
Beauty that still allure,
far from a saint,
say words, likes to prank.
I've lost my mind,
left all the colors behind.

The only one left
between our bodies is red.
Your braids in pair,
just turned in fiery waves.
You moved oh so deft.
Loose, your phoenix feathered
hair lashed me fair.
For my flesh a nail craves.

I kissed your scarlet
lips like an apple forbidden.
Felt your theet on my shoulder.
My body you claim, be holder.
By me your deep feelings
are strongly ridden.
And of all my paintings
you're my magnum opus yet.

And you walked around
showing you pretty thighs,
making me cross any bound.
You loved to hear our sighs
when you gave us your back.
It was easy to follow your track
and hard to know when you'd talk.
For no one you'd stop your walk.

Your figure on nude
would inspire every suicidal
to stay alive on your breast,
lay on your womb on the last breath,
say words of savage love and death,
And into peace die at last.
I rather live for your memorial,
as everyone should.


III - Rest

Now I wait for my hour
patiently, to see you again.
And the wine now taste sour.
Maybe it will all end in pain.
I have hallucinations,
feel your hot breath in my nape.
Of all the expectations,
I see your hands, I see grapes.

Death touched you by request,
in your fatal mix.
Now I feel the cold in my chest
and I count to six,
Couldn't make to ten.
I see you calling me, pulling my arm.
Suddenly appears a new place, a farm.
And finally I drop my pen.

--

Tentando algo diferente.
Por favor, me avise se você algum erro, ok?
Obrigado! :)

-

Trying something different.
Please tell me if you find any mistake, ok?
Thanks! :)

2 comentários:

  1. I speak a little bit English, but does not understand why you insist on create in English.

    I made protest, I have not read the text. Just wrote the comments

    I prefer to speak Portuguese ... is more beautiful, sound and even charming.

    Please, tell me why.

    ResponderExcluir
  2. So, I've reading some poems written by Yeats, and everytime I read'em, I feel like writing in english. So I try to emulate his style, but I keep a little of my touch in it.

    Plus, I have some friends abroad, and though they don't know portuguese, they ask me to write some stuff in english so they can read.

    I prefer Portuguese too, but I think that english still have a romantic charge when written in rhymes. And it's challenging, helps me to get better with this foreign language.

    :)

    ResponderExcluir